Securing your WordPress website or blog against common hacks is really important. Brute Force attacks on WordPress websites have been common in the past.
A simple way to prevent your site against brute force attacks is to use security plugins. Here we are sharing 5 of the best and handy security plugins.
1. WordFence Security
Wordfence is the feature rich and leading cyber security plugin for WordPress. It is the complete solution to protect your WordPress website from brute force attacks. Wordfence Security plugin provides 100% security to your website and make it 50 times faster than before.
Wordfence provides a real-time security to the WordPress websites. it scans the source code of your website by comparing it to the official WordPress repository fro core, themes and plugins. It provides you real-time information about your visitors and attackers. The plugin is available in free and premium versions.
Features of Wordfence Security
- Includes two-factor authentication.
- Includes Falcon engine, the fastest WordPress caching plugin to reduce the load on your server.
- Real-time blocking of known attackers.
- Improve login security by enforcing the administrator and user for strong password.
- Includes firewall to block common security threats like fake Googlebots, malicious scans from hackers and botnets.
Get Wordfence Security
2. Login Security Solution
Login Security Solution is one of the best security solution to protect your WordPress website from Brute force attacks by tracking IP, name and passwords. The plugin forces your users to change passwords every few months.
The plugin simply lock down the login security for multisite and regular WordPress installations. It also detects fake username and passwords by avoiding any unauthorized access to your website.
Features of Login Security Solution
- Monitors logins made by form submission, XML-RPC requests and auth cookies.
- Notify the administrator about attacks and breaches.
- If a login failure uses data matching a past failure, the plugin slows down response times.
- Tracks IP addresses, usernames, and passwords
Get Login Security Solution
Clef is an interesting plugin for WordPress that allows you to eliminate password from equation. Once you installed the plugin on your WordPress website, you need to download the Clef app on your smartphone. Clef mobile application replaces the usernames and passwords with your smartphone.
The plugin makes login into WordPress account easier and more secure. The plugin and app both has intuitive and easy to use interface. This is the alternative way to login to your WordPress website.
Features of Clef
- One click sign on all your websites.
- Provides secure two-factor authentication for every user.
- The plugin doesn’t use passwords.
- Use 2048-bit RSA key pairs to authenticate users.
- Generates uniques wave pattern which further scanned by clef smartphone app.
BruteProtect is another best solution to protect your WordPress website from malicious attacks as the plugin successfully protected 120k sites from 150 million botnet attacks. The plugin protects your website from botnets by connecting its users to track every failed login attempt.
BruteProtect plugin is multisite compatible which means the plugin protects as many sites as possible. The plugin also block the IP that has too many failed login attempts.
Features of BruteProtect
- Manage all of your sites from one easy to use dashboard.
- Scan every 5 minutes to provide up to date information.
- Compatible with other security plugin.
- Remote updates and monitoring.
5. BulletProof Security
BulletProof Security is the complete package to protect your WordPress website from hackers and spammers. The plugin blocks the directory access in WordPress and thus provides bullet proof security. The plugin protects your WordPress website against XSS, RFI, CRLF, CSRF, Base64, Code Injection and SQL Injection hacking attempts.
The plugin is available in free and premium versions.
Features of BulletProof Security
- One click .htaccess file security.
- .htaccess backup and restore option.
- Login security and monitoring.
- Front end and back end maintenance mode.
- UI Theme Skin changer.
Get Bulletproof Security