Social Media is another important factor for online marketing after SEO. If you’re running a website or blog then it is very important for you too to add social sharing icons. This helps your readers to share your posts on their social networking sites and hence generate more traffic.
Here is a hand picked list of 6 best WordPress plugins to add social icons on your WordPress website.
1. Floating Social Bar
Floating Social Bar is one of the best social sharing plugin for WordPress. It adds horizontal social sharing icons on your WordPress website. It is a light weight plugin that allows you to get maximum shares. The plugin is very easy to set up and configure. Non-technical users can also use this plugin with ease.
The most interesting thing of this plugin is that it maintains the speed of your website. It allows you to add share buttons for Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin and Pinterest.
Features of Floating Social Bar
- Drag and Drop functionality to add social icon you want to add on your website.
- Metabox functionality that allows you to disable the social media bar from specific posts or pages.
- Loads scripts when necessary.
- Slim, fast and easy to use plugin.
Download Floating Social Bar
2. Shareaholic | share buttons & related posts
Shareaholic is another popular social sharing plugin. The plugin allows you to display share count with share button that determines how many times URL has been shared.
The best part of the plugin is that it hides the half part of the icons on your website. User can see full icon only on hover.
Features of Shareaholic
- Responsive and retina display friendly.
- 100% customizable plugin.
- It scales to any size and will work just as well.
- Fast and secure.
- Make it 1-click easy for your visitors to share your content.
3. Share Buttons by AddToAny
AddToAny is another good social sharing plugin with over 3 million downloads. The plugin enables you to share, bookmark and email your posts and pages using any of the social service like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Reddit, WhatsApp and many more.
The universal social share buttons let you to optimize your site’s blog posts and pages for the best social sharing engagement.
Features of AddToAny
- Custom sharing icons.
- 3rd party buttons include the Facebook Like Button, Twitter Tweet Button, Pinterest Pin It Button, Google+ Share Button and Google +1 Button.
- Universal email sharing makes it easy to share via Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com (Hotmail), AOL Mail, and any other web and native apps.
- Floating share buttons — responsive & customizable, vertical & horizontal.
4. Digg Digg
Digg Digg is all in one social sharer buttons plugin for WordPress. The plugin helps you to add all the social media icons on your WordPress website very beautifully and allows your visitor to share your content.
The plugin supports almost all the popular social sharing buttons with counters. The plugin supports lazy loading which increases the site performance of your website by delaying the load of social media buttons.
Features of Digg Digg
- Display all popular social sharing buttons with count, such as Twitter, Buffer, Facebook Share, Facebook Like, Digg, LinkedIn, Google +1, Reddit, dZone and more.
- Facebook Like (Iframe or XFBML), support thumbnail generation, multiple languages, show faces and send button.
- Left or right scrolling effect.
- Support for email and print services.
Download Digg Digg
5. Microblog Poster
Microblog Poster is another popular social media plugin for WordPress that helps you to publish your content to various social networks automatically. You only need to configure your social network accounts and your work is done. It will automatically update your social media profile on each new blog posts with a formatted message with backlink.
The plugin also has the ability to filter the posts to be published according to their category to your social networks.
Features of Microblog Poster
- Auto publish to social media networks your new blog content.
- Social signals and backlinks auto generator.
- Cross post to Facebook , twitter and more.
Download Microblog Poster
Flare is one of the simplest social sharing plugin for WordPress that lets your content get shared on your social network. After installing Flare, a floating bar appears at the left side of your content which staying visible as your visitors scroll down the page.
The plugin enables your visitors to share your content to 10 social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Buffer, Hacker News and email.
Features of Flare
- Add a Follow Me widget - place widgets on your site with links to your social networks to get more followers.
- Easily order your icons, customize their icons’ appearance.
- Control which post types your Flare appears on.
- Display your Flare at the top, bottom, left or right sides of your post content.
Social Networks give you a huge boost in web traffic. The above mentioned plugins are highly customizable and easy to use plugins and will help you to generate more traffic on your website. So, which plugin do you use? Please share with us.